For March, my first month, I was paired up with Hilary, who doesn't have a blog or a Twitter but who is still incredibly awesome. Here's what she sent me:
- Trader Joe's Mango Butter
- Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints
- Vanilla almond granola
- Pumpkin seeds
- Granola bars
- Peppermint cups
|CHOCOLATE! PEPPERMINT! THE BEST!|
I am definitely taking part in the penpal program in April (my birthday month!), and I hope to send and receive more great treats!
Here are some details about Foodie Penpals in case you’re a interested in participating in the program:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to U.S. & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from U.S. to Canada and vice versa. So Lindsay keeps the two countries separate.
I hope to read more about people who participated in the Foodie Penpals, and I hope that Cheryl over at Live Fit Daily liked what I sent her!
Have you ever had a penpal who sent you cool stuff before?