1. I got really excited at the prospect of a real winter storm here, and then we only got an inch or two. But at least it snowed, I guess. I miss proper winter!
2. Money drives me crazy. It seems way too easy to spend too much, and I've never been great at budgeting.
3. If I could afford it, I'd invest in a run coach to help me to be better at running. Sometimes this by guess and by gosh thing doesn't work out so well for me. Then maybe I could get into training for a triathlon, too.
4. I've considered signing up for Team in Training to train for a triathlon, but I'm worried I wouldn't be able to raise the money.
5. I wish I knew of a good place to go sledding.
6. A friend of mine introduced me to "Scramble with Friends" this week, and I was instantly hooked! It's like Boggle but you can be hundreds of miles away from the friend you're playing against.
7. Somewhere I have lost my motivation for doing things that would be better for me creatively and personally. I'm not sure how to get it back, but I miss it. I'm working on this.
8. I think the perfect weekends have a balance of plans with other people and alone time to do nothing.
9. I'm glad I work in a position that leaves me feeling a little inspired each day, by what other people push themselves to accomplish.
10. The only time I ever probably considered myself an athlete was in high school on the swim team. Sometimes I wish I had gone on to swim in college, but then I wouldn't have joined a sorority or found my major or moved to Colorado. So things work out.
|Boston - I fell in love last year and I'm goin' back!|
12. It makes me sad that people believe everything they read on the internet without doing any sort of research. Usually it takes two extra seconds to Google something to make sure it's true.
13. Not being able to run this week because of my stupid shin splints has made me realize how much I like it, and how much I miss it when I can't do it.
14. I wanted to do two half marathons this year, but now I think I'll be doing a 10-miler and a half marathon instead. And as many Nielson Challenges and 5ks as I can. And I still want to run a marathon... someday.
15. It's kind of weird to me how much of my interests lie in running, triathlon and fitness. If you would have told me so 5 years ago, I probably wouldn't have believed you. But part of it probably has to do with my job, and people who go from nothing to miles and miles and miles of swimming, biking and running.
This almost felt like tweeting a lot. Whoops. Have a great weekend!