Tuesday, February 14, 2012

10 reasons i love running.

I love running all days, not just on Valentine's Day. I hope running isn't mad that I've been cheating on it lately with bikes. I will spare you my sob story about how my shins stink. And I told you yesterday that I don't even like Valentine's Day! But the guys that manage the Run Chat (#runchat) on Twitter are asking for ten reasons runners love running.

So I will share with you.

And maybe you can tell me why you love running. Or cycling. Or swimming. Or whatever you like to do.

Here are 10 reasons I love running:

1. How I feel after a successful run (no matter how long or short): accomplished, and pretty awesome.
2. It's my time. My pace, my thoughts.
3. Morning runs are usually followed by tasty brunch.
4. My body feels better, more fit, from going out and running a few miles.
5. It's fun to see the miles add up.
6. Nike tempo run shorts. Compression wear. Lots of running clothes just plain rock.
7. It's a great way to connect to others - at the start line, at the finish, on a trail.
8. You can do it anywhere, in any weather, as long as you have a pair of shoes.
9. Nobody cares what you look like when you're running (thank FSM).
10. It makes me stronger, both physically and mentally.

Bonus: It's something you can do with your friends, even if you're not the same speed. And maybe you'll do something cool like travel to a race together, or train together, or something.

Some of my all-time favorite people at our first half marathon.
Happy February 14, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I think that breakfast ALWAYS tastes more wonderful after a good, long run. It's definitely one of my favorite parts about running.

    ReplyDelete